Sikafloor-81 EpoCem is a 3-component epoxy modified cementitious self-smoothening floor topping and moisture barrier.
As a moisture barrier (2 mm thick) for epoxy and polyurethane floors.
As self-levelling topping of 1.5 – 3mm thickness for:
- Levelling or patching concrete surfaces, both unfinished and after grinding or scabbling.
- Coloured EpoCem floors on non ventilated damp substrates with low aesthetic considerations (ask for technical assistance)
- Floor toppings beneath epoxy protective coatings.
- Self levelling toppings that are to be covered with polymer floor coatings, carpets or wooden parquet.
- Repair and maintenance of vacuum concrete floors.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES
- Can be top coated with resin based floors after 24 hours (+20ºC, 75% r.h.)
- Prevents osmotic blistering of resin based coatings over damp substrates
- Excellent bond to green or hardened concrete whether damp or dry
- Waterproof yet permeable to water vapour, allows the substrate to “breathe”.
- moisture barrier (7-10 days).
- Self-smoothening – good flowability.
- Easy to apply to sound prepared surfaces.
- Solvent free and virtually odourless.
- Ideal surface preparation with the minimum of delay for the subsequent application of other appropriate Sika epoxy products.
- High abrasion resistance.
- Free of chloride.
- Similar modulus of elasticity and coefficient of thermal expansion to concrete.
- Good adhesion after long-term water immersion.
- Excellent mechanical strength.
- Excellent resistance to water and oils.
- Will not corrode reinforcing steel.
Concrete grey when mixed
21kg kit in a plastic pail containing:
- Part A: 1.07kg plastic bottle
- Part B: 2.93kg plastic bottle
- Part C: 17kg plastic bag of powder